TRASH IS TRAGIC
I decided to stop making trash in 2013. Striving for "zero waste", my partner and I contribute almost nothing to landfills, and very little to recycling plants. That means no plastic bottles, no paper towels, no nothin' designed for single use. We re-use or compost most of our discards. The goal is to break free from wasteful habits and end our consumption of plastics. The outcomes include simplicity, health, organization, creativity, more money, less stink-ass trash.
Trash is Tragic offers practical tips for making less garbage, as well as information and critiques of waste practices in the US. It appears online in the Boston Hassle, with a special blurb in the Boston Compass print edition.
06. Know Your Garbage: the WTF World of Bioplastics, April 2019
05. How to Fux With Climate Change by Reducing Food Waste, November 2018
03. How to Kick Plastic Waste in the Dick, June 2018
02. Zero Waste Kitchen, May 2018
01. Zero Waste Grocery Shoppin', April 2018